Explovent® Roof Explosion Vents are designed for buildings where the exterior wall area is insufficient (internal rooms), or where exterior walls are obstructed, thus preventing the use of wall vents.
The XRV-IC roof vent features a metal lid held in place by Factory Mutual approved explosion relief fasteners.
The fasteners are designed to collapse under the force of an explosion, releasing the lid and allowing the pressure to vent.
Why XRV-IC Roof Explosion Vents
- Insulated cover reduces energy & heat loss
- ATEX and fire code compliant
- Designed in accordance with N.F.P.A. 68
- FM Approved explosion relief fasteners
- Releases in 12-18 milliseconds of detection
- Tandem & cluster units available
- Pre-fabricated, insulated aluminium kerb
- Designed not to become dangerous projectile
- Maximum panel size: 1220mm in one direction x 2440mm in the other direction
- Minimum panel size: 1220mm x 1220mm
Panels can be calibrated to release at pressures between 0.005 bar and 0.02 bar as standard.
Consult our Technical Department should you require the release pressure to be set outside of this range.
Aluminium extrusions are mill finished as standard.
Panels can also be finished with Kynar 500 fluorocarbon polymeric coating, available in 15 standard and 5 premium colour options.
Colour cards are available on request