Acrovyn® 4000 Sheet provides an environmentally friendly alternative to wall protection, creating an impact resistant surface finish for many different situations.
Easy to form or mould, Acrovyn® 4000 Sheet can be adhered to a variety of substrates including plasterboard, furniture or doors.
Creating a bespoke solution for your project is easy with the wide range of finish options and colours.
Acrovyn® 4000’s PVC-free formulation is also free from Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxins (PBTs), Bisphenol A (BPA), as well as halogenated or brominated fire retardants.
Why Acrovyn® Sheet
- maximise valuable corridor space
- protect vulnerable walls from scuffs and scrapes
- effective against chairs, bags, luggage and more
- avoid wall damage and cut maintenance costs
- 1.5mm thick & 3000 x 1300mm sheet size
- PVC, PBT and BPA Free
- B-s1, d0 Fire Rated
- 100% recyclable
Our most environmentally friendly surface protection option features an attractive, contemporary texture and can be used to safeguard a variety of interior surfaces from damage and daily wear and tear.
Designed to maximise the lifetime of the interior surfaces that it is applied to, Acrovyn 4000 Sheet offers the same durability and impact resistance as our original Acrovyn Sheet, and doesn’t cost any extra.
Acrovyn® 4000 Colours
Due to the limitations of print and computer screens, actual colours may vary. We recommend making any colour selections from our free of charge samples service.
Approximate LRV values for CS Acrovyn colours and finishes have been determined using the CIE Y value measurement method.
- Durable, robust wall covering
- Integral colour and impervious surface
- Resists most stains and chemicals
- Keeps walls looking new for years
- Bespoke designs cut to suit
- Textured sheet is available in Acrovyn® or Acrovyn® 4000 material and in a choice of thicknesses and colours
- Durable, robust wall covering which will resist impact damage
- Offers the designer an opportunity to create striking patterns which can be both fun and functional
- Through-coloured and homogenous in its composition
- Totally impervious surface which resists most stains and chemicals. Routine cleaning will keep the sheet surface looking new and fresh for years
- Provides Approved Document M compliant wall and door protection via tonal contrast
- Colour matched sealants available to created the perfect finish
DESIGN SHAPES AND CUTTING
Acrovyn 4000 Sheet can be supplied ex-stock, or pre-cut to project specific sizes if required. The material can also be cut on site using simple tools.
Custom shapes, signage and logos can be produced using our advanced in-house cutting equipment.
- Line Bending – The material can be formed on site to create channels and angles (instructions available on request). Formed sections can also be supplied to order, if required.
- Thermoforming – Acrovyn 4000 Sheet is suitable for thermoforming. Please contact us for information on our thermoforming service.
- Mastic Joints – Available in all Acrovyn 4000 colours, CS Mastic is easy to apply and forms an impervious seal.
- Trims – Edge Trims are available in all Acrovyn 4000 colours
- Bullnose Edge – Acrovyn 4000 can be supplied with an optional bullnose edge.
Acrovyn 4000 Sheet can be formed to provide internal and external corners. For external corners requiring heavier duty protection, surface mounted corner guards can be selected.
Angles formed from Acrovyn 4000 Sheet can be applied to skirting boards for a protective and impact resistant finish. These can be achieved on site, or ordered to custom sizes.
Impact and Abrasion Resistance:
Acrovyn 4000 Sheet provides a tough, through-coloured and textured surface finish, which is resistant to impact and abrasion. Tested in accordance with ASTM D 4060-07 ‘Standard Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by the Taber Abraser’ and ASTM F 476-84 (Reapproved 2002) ‘Standard Test Methods for Security of Swinging Door Assemblies.’
Acrovyn 4000 Sheet has been tested to BS EN ISO 11925-2:2010 and BS EN 13823:2010 and classified in accordance with BS EN 13501-1:2007+A1:2009 as class B-s1, d0.
Chemical, Bacterial and Fungal Resistance:
Acrovyn 4000 Sheet does not propagate the growth of bacteria or fungi on a clean surface. However, the anti-microbial properties of the product do not negate the need for a rigorous cleaning regime. Tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 846: 1997 ‘Plastics. Evaluation of the action of microorganisms’.
Acrovyn 4000 is formulated to resist most commonly used chemical solutions.
VOC Emissions Testing:
When tested in accordance with EN ISO 16000-9 for the release of volatile organic compounds, Acrovyn 4000 Sheet achieved Class A+.
Materials should be acclimatised at an ambient temperature for a minimum of 24 hours prior to commencement of works.
Acrovyn 4000 will, like most materials, expand and contract with changes in temperature, in the order of 0.09mm/m for every one degree Celsius rise or fall. It is important to allow for this at sheet edges, joint positions etc.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Acrovyn 4000 can be cleaned using soapy water, commonly used disinfectant cleaning agents, or domestic cleaning products. Tested to ASTM D1308 ‘Standard Test Method for Effect of Household Chemicals on Clear and Pigmented Organic Finishes’.